Hi Vaibhav,
  Excuse my ignorance as im a little new to Hive. What do you mean by restart the Hive Server? I am using the Hive Interactive shell for my work. So i start the shell after modifying the config variable. Which server do i need to restart?

Amit

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 2:49 PM, Aggarwal, Vaibhav <vaggarw@amazon.com> wrote:

Did you restart the hive server after modifying the hive-site.xml settings?

I think you need to restart the server to pick up the latest settings in the config file.

Thanks

Vaibhav

From: Amit Sharma [mailto:amitsharma1708@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2011 2:42 PM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Hive Custom UDF - "hive.aux.jars.path" not working

Hi,
  I build custom UDFS for hive and they seem to work fine when i explicitly register the jars using the "add jar <jarname>" command or put in in the environment variable "HIVE_AUX_JARS_PATH". But if i add it as a configuration variable in the hive-site.xml file and try to register the function using "create temporary function <functionname> as 'funciton' ", it cannot find the jar. Any idea whats going on here?

Here is the snippet from hive-site.xml:

~/Documents/workspace/Hive_0_7_1/build/dist/conf$grep aux hive-site.xml

Amit