hive-user mailing list archives

From "Aggarwal, Vaibhav" <>
Subject RE: Hive Custom UDF - "hive.aux.jars.path" not working
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2011 21:49:21 GMT
Did you restart the hive server after modifying the hive-site.xml settings?
I think you need to restart the server to pick up the latest settings in the config file.

From: Amit Sharma []
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2011 2:42 PM
Subject: Hive Custom UDF - "hive.aux.jars.path" not working

  I build custom UDFS for hive and they seem to work fine when i explicitly register the jars
using the "add jar <jarname>" command or put in in the environment variable "HIVE_AUX_JARS_PATH".
But if i add it as a configuration variable in the hive-site.xml file and try to register
the function using "create temporary function <functionname> as 'funciton' ", it cannot
find the jar. Any idea whats going on here?

Here is the snippet from hive-site.xml:

~/Documents/workspace/Hive_0_7_1/build/dist/conf$grep aux hive-site.xml

View raw message