hive-user mailing list archives

From "Aggarwal, Vaibhav" <vagg...@amazon.com>
Subject RE: Reducer Issue in New Setup
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 18:48:24 GMT
Are you using a custom scheduler?
I have seen issues with jobs having 0 mappers and 1 reducer with Fair scheduler.

From: hadoop n00b [mailto:new2hive@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2011 9:32 AM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Reducer Issue in New Setup

Hello,

We have just setup Hive on a new Hadoop cluster.

When I run a select * on a table, it works fine but when I run any query which needs a reducer,
like count(1) or a where condition, the query just sits there doing nothing (map 0%). I see
some message like no reducers to run. How do I fix this? The configuration et al is  exactly
like another environment that is working fine.

We are running CDH2 with Hadoop 0.20.1 and Hive 0.4.1

Cheers!