hive-user mailing list archives

From Carl Steinbach <c...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Hive-HBase Integration - Jar question
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 06:31:46 GMT
Hi Neerja,

Ordinarily a POM for the hive-hbase-handler would be available
from Cloudera's Maven repository, but it looks like we haven't
generated one. We will get this resolved in CDH3u2. You can
track progress on this issue here:

https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/DISTRO-286

thrift-fb303-0.5.0.jar (under hive-0.7.0-cdh3u0/lib)

Another issue is that Apache Hive only manages a subset of it's dependencies
using Maven/Ivy, and most of the Apache Hive POMs contain incomplete
dependency information. The CDH version of Hive will not be able to provide
this information until the situation is rectified in the upstream project.
Unfortunately,
the POM for thrift-fb303-0.5.0 falls into this category -- it doesn't exist.

> thrift-0.2.0.jar (under hbase-0.90.1-cdh3u0/lib)

The POM for the thrift-0.2.0.jar is located here:
https://repository.cloudera.com/content/repositories/temp-thrift/org/apache/thrift/thrift/0.2.0/thrift-0.2.0.pom

Thanks.

Carl