hive-user mailing list archives

From John Sichi <jsi...@fb.com>
Subject Re: failed when create an index with partitioned by clause
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2011 18:41:15 GMT
The wiki docs are incorrect here.  CREATE INDEX does not yet supported a PARTITIONED BY clause;
that was added in the spec to support HIVE-1499, which hasn't been implemented yet.

For now, the index partitioning always follows the table partitioning exactly.

JVS

On Aug 14, 2011, at 3:22 AM, Daniel,Wu wrote:

>   create table part (a int,b int) PARTITIONED by (c int);
>
> create index part_idx on table part(b,c) AS 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.index.compact.CompactIndexHandler'
WITH DEFERRED REBUILD
> partitioned by (a) ;
>
> hive> create index part_idx on table part(b,c) AS 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.index.compact.CompactIndexHandler'
WITH DEFERRED REBUILD
>     > partitioned by (a) ;
> FAILED: Parse Error: line 2:0 mismatched input 'partitioned' expecting EOF near 'REBUILD'
>
> hive>
>

> If I remove the partitioned by (a), then the index can be created. But I need to partition
it on column. Is that not supported yet or I made some mistake?