hive-user mailing list archives

From Chinna <chinna...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Hive Custom UDF - "hive.aux.jars.path" not working
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 05:00:51 GMT
Hi,

  U need to mention the jar like this,

~/Documents/workspace/Hive_0_7_1/build/dist/conf$grep aux hive-site.xml
/development/depot/dataeng/hive/dist/{URJARNAME}.jar</value></property>

 U r using CLI mode  so after changing the value if u start shell that is
ok...and in another mode also we can start hive that is hiveserver this case
after changing the value u need to restart the hive server

Thanks,

Chinna Rao Lalam

  _____

From: Amit Sharma [mailto:amitsharma1708@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 3:35 AM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Re: Hive Custom UDF - "hive.aux.jars.path" not working

Hi Vaibhav,
  Excuse my ignorance as im a little new to Hive. What do you mean by
restart the Hive Server? I am using the Hive Interactive shell for my work.
So i start the shell after modifying the config variable. Which server do i
need to restart?

Amit

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 2:49 PM, Aggarwal, Vaibhav <vaggarw@amazon.com>