hive-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel,Wu" <hadoop...@163.com>
Subject failed when create an index with partitioned by clause
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2011 10:22:33 GMT
  create table part (a int,b int) PARTITIONED by (c int);

create index part_idx on table part(b,c) AS 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.index.compact.CompactIndexHandler'
WITH DEFERRED REBUILD
partitioned by (a) ;

hive> create index part_idx on table part(b,c) AS 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.index.compact.CompactIndexHandler'
WITH DEFERRED REBUILD
    > partitioned by (a) ;
FAILED: Parse Error: line 2:0 mismatched input 'partitioned' expecting EOF near 'REBUILD'

hive>

If I remove the partitioned by (a), then the index can be created. But I need to partition
it on column. Is that not supported yet or I made some mistake?