hive-user mailing list archives

From Vikramsinh Katkar <vikramsinh_kat...@persistent.co.in>
Subject RE: [Hive-80] Multiple client connections in Standalone mode
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2011 03:49:19 GMT
Hello ,

I will try with Network Derby, however I expected Mysql to perform better than Derby.  I will
keep you posted on result.

However please note I used to get following kind of errors :

1)

 FAILED: Error in metadata: AlreadyExistsException(message:Table DL_611_VerificationOutput_DSF_111
already exists)
11/06/14 21:17:09 ERROR exec.DDLTask: FAILED: Error in metadata: AlreadyExistsException(message:Table
DL_611_VerificationOutput_DSF_111 already exists)
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: AlreadyExistsException(message:Table DL_611_VerificationOutput_DSF_111
already exists)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.createTable(Hive.java:473)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask.createTable(DDLTask.java:3146)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask.execute(DDLTask.java:213)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Task.executeTask(Task.java:130)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.TaskRunner.runSequential(TaskRunner.java:57)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.launchTask(Driver.java:1063)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.execute(Driver.java:900)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.run(Driver.java:748)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.service.HiveServer$HiveServerHandler.execute(HiveServer.java:116)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.service.ThriftHive$Processor$execute.process(ThriftHive.java:699)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.service.ThriftHive$Processor.process(ThriftHive.java:677)
        at org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(TThreadPoolServer.java:253)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: AlreadyExistsException(message:Table DL_611_VerificationOutput_DSF_111 already
exists)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.create_table_core(HiveMetaStore.java:888)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.access$600(HiveMetaStore.java:109)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler$15.run(HiveMetaStore.java:945)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler$15.run(HiveMetaStore.java:942)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.executeWithRetry(HiveMetaStore.java:307)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.create_table(HiveMetaStore.java:942)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient.createTable(HiveMetaStoreClient.java:348)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.createTable(Hive.java:470)
        ... 14 more

FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask
11/06/14 21:17:09 ERROR ql.Driver: FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask
OK
OK
FAILED: Error in metadata: AlreadyExistsException(message:Table DL_215_VerificationOutput_ML_110MLF_525
already exists)
11/06/14 21:17:15 ERROR exec.DDLTask: FAILED: Error in metadata: AlreadyExistsException(message:Table
DL_215_VerificationOutput_ML_110MLF_525 already exists)
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: AlreadyExistsException(message:Table DL_215_VerificationOutput_ML_110MLF_525
already exists)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.createTable(Hive.java:473)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask.createTable(DDLTask.java:3146)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask.execute(DDLTask.java:213)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Task.executeTask(Task.java:130)

2)

Hive history file=/tmp/hadoop/hive_job_log_hadoop_201106211827_502889339.txt
FAILED: Error in metadata: AlreadyExistsException(message:Table tempCorealTable already exists)
11/06/14 18:27:04 ERROR exec.DDLTask: FAILED: Error in metadata: AlreadyExistsException(message:Table
tempCorealTable already exists)
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: AlreadyExistsException(message:Table tempCorealTable
[...]
Caused by: AlreadyExistsException(message:Table tempCorealTable already exists)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.create_table_core(HiveMetaStore.java:888)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.access$600(HiveMetaStore.java:109)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler$15.run(HiveMetaStore.java:945)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler$15.run(HiveMetaStore.java:942)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.executeWithRetry(HiveMetaStore.java:307)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.create_table(HiveMetaStore.java:942)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient.createTable(HiveMetaStoreClient.java:348)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.createTable(Hive.java:470)
        ... 14 more

Regards,
Vikram