hive-user mailing list archives

From Vikramsinh Katkar <vikramsinh_kat...@persistent.co.in>
Subject [Hive-80] Multiple client connections in Standalone mode
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 09:55:39 GMT
Hello ,

I have setup Hive server (0.6.0) in standalone mode with meta-store in MYSQL.
While executing JDBC SQL queries, we discovered that

1.       create table fails with error as "table already exists", even if table was not existing.

2.       However Table gets created

3.       Any SQL(select,delete,drop) query through SQL from CLI or JDBC  for same or "other
table", results with SQL exceptions like

a.       Error code 9

b.      "method not found"

c.       Table already exists
After searching  I found that following page mentioned that HiveServer is "single threaded"
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/HiveServer
however when "today" I checked it , it is showing "Hive Server is Multithreaded". However
the page kept recommendation of running one HiveServer for each client. This page gives reference
to JIRA Hive-80 .
( https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-80 ).

A)     I want to know whether errors mentioned above are related to multi-threaded feature's
problem of HiveServer?
Or some other issue?

B)      Is there any issue if particular table gets created and dropped many times?

>From yesterday the issue is not getting reproduced, probably because we have serialized
access to Hive-Server. But not sure if the issue is resolved.

Regards,
Vikram

DISCLAIMER
any liability for virus infected mails.