hive-user mailing list archives

From "Sun, Michael" <Shuguang....@searshc.com>
Subject Re: Hive Client connect error
Date Sat, 25 Jun 2011 21:20:45 GMT
Write a shell script and include all jars in class path

From: Jov [mailto:zhao6014@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 25, 2011 05:09 AM
To: Ayon Sinha <ayonsinha@yahoo.com>; user@hive.apache.org <user@hive.apache.org>

Subject: Re: Hive Client connect error

You can build the fb303.jar from the apache thrift src.you may need libthrift.jar too,but
not sure.
在 2011-6-25 下午4:00,"Ayon Sinha" <ayonsinha@yahoo.com>写道:

> I'm following the instructions on http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/HiveJDBCInterface
> I have the HiveDriver show up in the list but when I try to connect I get:
> ClassNotFound for com.facebook.fb303.FacebookService$IFace
>
> I have the following classes in SQuirrel's extra classpath:
>
> hadoop-core-0.20.2-cdh3u0.jar
> hive-cli-0.7.0-cdh3u0.jar.           //not need
> hive-anttasks-0.7.0-cdh3u0.jar.      //not need
> hive-contrib-0.7.0-cdh3u0.jar        //not need
> hive-exec-0.7.0-cdh3u0.jar
> hive-common-0.7.0-cdh3u0.jar
> hive-hbase-handler-0.7.0-cdh3u0.jar. //not need
> hive-hwi-0.7.0-cdh3u0.jar                     //not need
> hive-jdbc-0.7.0-cdh3u0.jar
> hive-metastore-0.7.0-cdh3u0.jar
> hive-serde-0.7.0-cdh3u0.jar
> hive-service-0.7.0-cdh3u0.jar
> hive-shims-0.7.0-cdh3u0.jar.         //not sure
>
> -Ayon
> See My Photos on Flickr
> Also check out my Blog for answers to commonly asked questions.

This message, including any attachments, is the property of Sears Holdings Corporation and/or
one of its subsidiaries. It is confidential and may contain proprietary or legally privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it without reading the contents.
Thank you.