hive-user mailing list archives

From sangeetha s <sangee....@gmail.com>
Subject configuring Hive server and Hadoop server in separate machines
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 09:23:33 GMT
Hi all,

I have setup a hadoop cluster with 4 nodes running on Centos 5.4 machines.
Right now I had configured hive in the master node (hadoop server node) and
i am able to run hive queries via jdbc client (web application)
successfully.

Is it required to configure the  hive server in the same machine running as
master? Ie.. Do we need to configure hadoop and hive server in the same
node?

I wish to setup hive server in a separate machine and hadoop server in the
other. Is it possible?

If so, kindly give me your suggestions.

Thank you,
--