hive-user mailing list archives

From sangeetha s <sangee....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to configure hive server to run on remote mode
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2011 12:07:49 GMT
I havn't tried setting hive with derby server yet. I am using mysql as
metastore. But not much difference I think.

To setup Hive server in remote machine you should add the all the hadoop and
hive packages (folders) under ur working directory. Set the hadoop master
and slaves

accordingly. Setup the environment variable for hadoop_home, Hive_home,
java_home in ur .bashrc file. Make sure that the hadoop cluster is up and
running before

starting hive. In the remote node start the hive server using
$HIVE_HOME/bin/ hive --service hiveserver.

If you have configured derby then it will communicate it accordingly.

Jus give a try.

--

Regards,
Sangita S