hive-user mailing list archives

From <>
Subject RE: Multiple Hive queries at once
Date Wed, 25 May 2011 21:22:32 GMT
Yes, it does.  Thanks!  Just dirty reads then, is it true 0.70 version of Hive supports concurrency

From: Alex Kozlov []
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 2:14 PM
Subject: Re: Multiple Hive queries at once

Hive queries can be concurrent, however there is no specific locking mechanism to avoid concurrent
modifications to either metadata or the data files.

Hope this answers your question.

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 2:06 PM, <<>>
Hi everyone,
I couldn't find this information anywhere.  I would like to confirm that Hive query cannot
be concurrent.  Is it true that you can only run one hive query on a hive server at any one
given time?