hive-user mailing list archives

From jinhang du <dujinh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to change the hive.metastore.warehouse.dir ?
Date Wed, 18 May 2011 06:49:17 GMT
Thanks for your answers.

I run my hive client console on a machine which doesn't belong to the hadoop
cluster.
I just changed "fs.default.name" and "mapred.job.tracker" in hive-site.xml
to connect the hadoop cluster.
I can create table and files are created on HDFS.
When  I changed the hive.metastore.warehouse.dir, the exception appeared.

My account to access hadoop cluster doesn't have the authority to write in
path "/user/hive/warehouse".
This owner of the directory is superuser. This directory was created by
someone else.

Is there something wrong about my operations or my understanding about
hive?
Can hive just act a client without any changes on hadoop configuration?

Thanks.

--
dujinhang