hive-user mailing list archives

From John Sichi <jsi...@fb.com>
Subject Re: hadoop, hive and hbase problem
Date Mon, 09 May 2011 19:11:13 GMT
Try one of these suggestions:

(1) run HBase and Hive in separate clusters (downside is that map/reduce tasks will have to
issue remote request to region servers whereas normally they could run on the same nodes)

(2) debug the shim exception and see if you can contribute a patch that makes Hive compatible
with that Hadoop version

JVS

On May 9, 2011, at 11:17 AM, labtrax wrote:

> Hello,
>
> it seems that hive 0.6 an 0.7 is incompatible with the hadoop-append-jar from hbase 0.90.2.
But without the append-jar you cannot use hbase in production... Any advices for the hadoop/hbase/hive-version-jungle?
I already ask this last month but I didn't get a reasonable answer.