hive-user mailing list archives

From Guy Doulberg <Guy.Doulb...@conduit.com>
Subject RDBS and Hive
Date Tue, 31 May 2011 12:31:09 GMT
Hey friends,

I have been using Hive to explore my HDFS for a while now.

In my organization we have some applicative information in SqlServer that occasionally I need
to join with data I have in the HDFS.

When I need to do such a join, I import the data from the SqlServer using sqoop.

I wanted to know, if there is a way in which hive will import the data on demand, according
to the query, for example, if I am selecting from a table that hive recognizes as a SqlServer
table, it will import that table or(update if already exists) from sqlserver, and later will
run the select...

Thanks,
Guy Doulberg