hive-user mailing list archives

From Steven Wong <>
Subject RE: Logging MySQL queries
Date Mon, 23 May 2011 23:13:14 GMT
After posting my question, I did some digging and also found the log4j categories. Unfortunately,
setting them to DEBUG in has no effect.

I will look into log4jdbc. Thanks for pointing it out.

From: Carl Steinbach []
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2011 3:51 PM
Subject: Re: Logging MySQL queries

Hi Steven,

I think you can tell Datanucleus to log SQL using some of the configuration properties described

It looks like the Datanucleus.Datastore.* categories are the ones you are interested in.

Another option which may work is better is to use the log4jdbc proxy driver:

Hope this helps.

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Steven Wong <<>>
My Hive metastore uses MySQL. I'd like to see Hive CLI log all SQL queries that are issued
to MySQL. What config/property should I set to accomplish this?

View raw message