hive-user mailing list archives

From Erix Yao <yao.e...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: can I use hive dynamic partition while loading data into tables?
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2011 07:31:20 GMT
Does this mean if I want the type field as the partition key , I will have
to split the raw data by myself and load the files into the target table?

I see there's an example in tutorial:

FROM page_view_stg pvs
    INSERT OVERWRITE TABLE page_view PARTITION(dt='2008-06-08', country)
           SELECT pvs.viewTime, pvs.userid, pvs.page_url,
pvs.referrer_url, null, null, pvs.ip, pvs.country

but insert must overwrite the table whole table partition.
Can I insert without the overwrite key word?

--
haitao.yao@Beijing