hive-user mailing list archives

From hi...@gmx.de
Subject hive hbase and hadoop versions
Date Sun, 10 Apr 2011 16:49:15 GMT
Hello,

I am using the hive/hbase integration (which is a great feature) on a standalone one machine
environment. For production I set up a hadoop cluster and now hbase. Here
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/HBaseIntegration
I read I should use hbase 0.89.
And here
http://hbase.apache.org/book/notsoquick.html
its written you must use "the sync-supporting Hadoop jar".
Does the following setup will work?
I chose hbase 0.90 (I couldn't find 0.89). Because of the sync-supporting I would take the
hadoop-core-0.20-append.jar from hbase 0.90 release and replace the hadoop jars in my hadoop
installations with that. The hbase 0.90 jar I will replace with the 0.89 jar from the hive
0.7.0 release. Will it come to compatibility trouble with this version setup? And what about
stability and version updates in future...

Thanks
labtrax