hive-user mailing list archives

From Thiruvel Thirumoolan <>
Subject Re: How to sync hive tables from one cluster to another cluster.
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 04:22:45 GMT
HIVE-1918 allows you to export/import tables, that should help you. Think its available only
in 0.8

On Apr 12, 2011, at 12:07 AM, Ravi . wrote:

> Dear Hive users,
>   I need to sync data between two Hive data warehouse. These two Hive data warehouse
have their own independent HDFS and metastore.
> Currently my option is to sync HDFS data and then add partitions in the destination HIVE
tables, but this is very tedious operation when number of tables are high (50 +).
> Is there any better way to sync hive tables? Is their any utility similar  to MySQLdump
or importing tool for hive tables from another metastore?
> Any pointers are greatly appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Ravi

View raw message