hive-user mailing list archives

From Ning Zhang <nzh...@fb.com>
Subject Re: Stats Gathering Problems
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2011 06:48:44 GMT
Hive CLI interprete ';' as the end of a command. You should put this property in hive-site.xml:

<property>
  <name>hive.stats.dbconnectionstring</name>
  <value>jdbc:mysql://localhost/mstore</value>
  <description>The JDBC conneciton URL. For example, jdbc:mysql:localhost/stats_db?createDatabaseIfNotExist=true&amp;user=stat_u;password=pass</description>
</property>

On Mar 3, 2011, at 7:28 PM, Anja Gruenheid wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to gather statistics for tables by using the autogather functionality. It
works for the size of the table and the number of files, but when I use the ANALYZE command,
it tells me 'could not update stats' and no row counts are computed. I followed the instructions
on the wiki and set autogather to true, I also replaced the parameters like this:

> set hive.stats.dbclass=jdbc:mysql;
>
> set hive.stats.dbconnectionstring="jdbc:mysql://localhost/mstore";
>
> set hive.stats.jdbcdriver="org.apache.mysql.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver";
>
> The problem with the second parameter was that whenever I specified something after the
';' like suggested in the wiki, it threw an error. Does anyone have suggestions what might
be wrong?