hive-user mailing list archives

From Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: State of JDBC & Web interfaces?
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2011 01:44:52 GMT
On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 5:54 PM, Otis Gospodnetic
<otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone comment on the state of Hive's JDBC and Web interfaces?
> Are they still being developed and relied upon?
>
> I'm mainly asking because I noticed their Wiki pages have not been updated since
> 2009:
> http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/HiveJDBCInterface
> http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/HiveWebInterface
>
> And I see issues like https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-576 that have
> been opened since 2009.
>

> I'm not whining, just trying to gain understanding. :)
>
> Thanks,
> Otis
> ---
> Sematext :: http://sematext.com/ :: Solr - Lucene - Hadoop - HBase
> Hadoop ecosystem search :: http://search-hadoop.com/

I believe the JDBC Interface is fairly active. Other issues besides
that one have been active.

Not a lot has changed with the Web Interface, but it still continues
working. Much like the CLI it does not change much because it is what
it is (although three or four minor features have made it into the CLI
this release).