hive-user mailing list archives

From Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UDF of processing a column like pig?
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2011 19:48:52 GMT
On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Christopher, Pat
<patrick.christopher@hp.com> wrote:
> I think so.  I haven’t looked for a non-java API though.
>

> Pat

Hive is written in Java. Thus UDF's are written in java. If you want
to use a language outside of Java you need to use streaming.

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/LanguageManual/Transform

(but why would you want to since Java is the rockstar of all languages?)