hive-user mailing list archives

From Kirk True <k...@mustardgrain.com>
Subject Re: End User Clients for Hive?
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 22:44:32 GMT
Hi Mark,

Karmasphere Analyst[1] is a powerful, yet easy-to-use UI for Hive.

Disclaimer: Karmasphere is one of my clients and I work on Analyst.

Thanks,
Kirk

[1] http://www.karmasphere.com/Products-Information/karmasphere-analyst.html

On 3/18/11 1:24 PM, Sunderlin, Mark wrote:
> As we prepare Hive for use by general business analysts and other end-users, I am wondering
what the community's experience is with clients for end users?

> My user base currently is using tools such as WinSQL and Toad on their Windows machines
to access current systems, such as MySQL, Oracle and Netezza. Ideally, they be able to use
their current clients to connect to and interact with Hive.