hive-user mailing list archives

From "Severance, Steve" <ssevera...@ebay.com>
Subject Building Custom RCFiles
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2011 22:48:35 GMT
Hi,

I am working on building a MR job that generates RCFiles that will become partitions of a
hive table. I have most of it working however only strings (Text) are being deserialized inside
of Hive. The hive table is specified to use a columnarserde which I thought should allow the
writable types stored in the RCFile to be deserialized properly.

Currently all numeric types (IntWritable and LongWritable) come back a null.

Has anyone else seen anything like this or have any ideas? I would rather not convert all
my data to strings to use RCFile.

Thanks.

Steve