hive-user mailing list archives

From Bejoy Ks <bejoy...@yahoo.com>
Subject How to add hours/minutes to a timestamp column in Hive Query
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2011 11:49:10 GMT
Hi
    Is there any function in hive with which we can add hours/minutes to a given
stamp.

Say I have a timestamp oriented column 'Arrival_Time', to do some database
oriented calculations i have to add 4 hours to the 'Arrival_Time' in my Hive
Query. How do I accomplish this? I have see in hive documentation that we can
use the date_add(string startdate, int days) method to add days to a date. Any
similar methods for time stamps to add hours?

Regards
Bejoy KS