hive-user mailing list archives

From Leo Alekseyev <dnqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Organizing Hive warehouse with lots of tables
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 23:03:11 GMT
I have a lot of tables floating in /user/hive/warehouse.  A lot of
them get generated in the process of doing some one-off analysis and
can safely be dropped; often, however, these tables aren't egregiously
huge and I'd like to keep them around.  It would help if I could e.g.
organize my warehouse into per-project "sub-warehouses".

This seems like a common situation, so I was wondering if others have
come up with a clever way to manage Hive tables like that.  I know you
can specify location in the CREATE TABLE statement; is this the best
way to do it?..

--Leo