hive-user mailing list archives

From Mark <static.void....@gmail.com>
Subject Tables and importing
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 23:33:34 GMT
Can someone explain what actually happens when you create a table and
import data into using "LOAD DATA INPATH..."

I noticed that when I load the data from files already existing in HDFS
that it actually removes the original file from its location and moves
it under the /user/hive directory. Is there anyway I can prevent this
from happening or is this just the way things work? At this point is the
file modified in anyway? I have some other Hadoop jobs that rely on this
data. Should I just update those jobs to operate on the data within
these directories? Thanks