hive-user mailing list archives

From Vivek Mishra <vivek.mis...@impetus.co.in>
Subject RE: Hive import issue
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2010 11:38:12 GMT
Hi,
As per
https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/SQOOP-37

I tried after applying patch. But now it is failing for a table having column name as 'HOST'.

Vivek

From: Vivek Mishra [mailto:vivek.mishra@impetus.co.in]
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2010 3:28 PM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Hive import issue

Hi,

I am a newbie to hive.

When I am trying to import data to HBase via a table managed by Hive. I am getting following
errors:

mismatched input 'Timestamp' expecting Identifier in column specification

mismatched input 'data' expecting Identifier in column specification

Remvoing or renaming these columns to 'data_something' makes it working.

Any idea why is it happening? And what are total of these keywords which cannot be used as
column name? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Vivek

Register for Impetus Webinar on 'Building Highly Scalable and Flexible SaaS Solutions' on
Dec 10 (10:00 a.m. PT).

Click http://www.impetus.com to know more. Follow us on www.twitter.com/impetuscalling<http://www.twitter.com/impetuscalling>.

or interference.