hive-user mailing list archives

From John Sichi <jsi...@facebook.com>
Subject Re: Upgrading Hypertable Hive connector
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 18:42:28 GMT
We branched 0.6 quite early and by that point we were only backporting blockers for the release.

We're hoping we can make the 0.7 release cycle a lot shorter, and HIVE-1226 will be in there
for sure.

JVS

On Nov 4, 2010, at 2:27 PM, Sanjit Jhala wrote:

> Thanks John. Just curious, I see the last commit for HIVE-1226 was almost a month before
the 0.6.0 release and I'm wondering why it didn't get into the release.

> Also, I agree theres a lot of duplicated code and will be happy to help out in a refactoring
effort.

> -Sanjit
>
> On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 11:15 AM, John Sichi <jsichi@facebook.com> wrote:
> HIVE-1226 (support for pushing filters down into storage handlers) is only in trunk (not
0.6).

> Separately:  as a followup to HIVE-1434, it would be good to plan a refactoring across
the handlers for HBase/Hypertable/Cassandra since there is a lot of duplicated code.

> JVS
>
> On Nov 4, 2010, at 1:30 PM, Sanjit Jhala wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm taking another pass over the Hypertable Hive storage handler and adding a bit
more functionality to it (including regexp filtering). I was also planning to upgrade the
Hive version it uses from something between 0.4 & 0.5 to 0.6. In this regard, my preference
is to upgrade to 0.6 but  I'm wondering if theres any post 0.6 commits that would be particularly
useful as to justify using the bleeding edge instead of the 0.6 release.