hive-user mailing list archives

From Ashutosh Chauhan <hashut...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Upgrading Hypertable Hive connector
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 21:06:28 GMT
+1 for shorter release cycles.

Currently, is it time based or feature based ? If time based, whats
the timeline for 0.7 and if its feature based, which features are
"must" for 0.7 release?

Ashutosh
On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 11:42, John Sichi <jsichi@facebook.com> wrote:
> We branched 0.6 quite early and by that point we were only backporting blockers for the
release.

> We're hoping we can make the 0.7 release cycle a lot shorter, and HIVE-1226 will be in
there for sure.

> JVS
>
> On Nov 4, 2010, at 2:27 PM, Sanjit Jhala wrote:
>
>> Thanks John. Just curious, I see the last commit for HIVE-1226 was almost a month
before the 0.6.0 release and I'm wondering why it didn't get into the release.

>> Also, I agree theres a lot of duplicated code and will be happy to help out in a
refactoring effort.

>> -Sanjit
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 11:15 AM, John Sichi <jsichi@facebook.com> wrote:
>> HIVE-1226 (support for pushing filters down into storage handlers) is only in trunk
(not 0.6).

>> Separately:  as a followup to HIVE-1434, it would be good to plan a refactoring
across the handlers for HBase/Hypertable/Cassandra since there is a lot of duplicated code.

>> JVS
>>
>> On Nov 4, 2010, at 1:30 PM, Sanjit Jhala wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I'm taking another pass over the Hypertable Hive storage handler and adding
a bit more functionality to it (including regexp filtering). I was also planning to upgrade
the Hive version it uses from something between 0.4 & 0.5 to 0.6. In this regard, my preference
is to upgrade to 0.6 but  I'm wondering if theres any post 0.6 commits that would be particularly
useful as to justify using the bleeding edge instead of the 0.6 release.