hive-user mailing list archives

From David Lary <davidl...@gmail.com>
Subject Number of simultaneous hive users
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2010 14:33:09 GMT
How many simultaneous users of hive can there be?

Are different invocations of hive by the same user likely to conflict?

I ask as I have millions of files to load into hive and so it makes sense to set off several
simultaneous hive jobs to load this data in, e.g. with commands like

LOAD DATA LOCAL INPATH 'data.txt' INTO TABLE mytable;

Will these conflict with each other? Is there a better way to achieve a massive data load
from millions of files? Each file is large.

Thanks

David