hive-user mailing list archives

From Avrilia Floratou <flora...@cs.wisc.edu>
Subject Convert data to BytesRefArrayWritable
Date Sat, 13 Nov 2010 22:30:31 GMT
Hi,

I want to convert data stored in a hadoop sequence file to
BytesRefArrayWritable so that I can use RCFileOutputFormat and create an
RCFile.

My data contains integers,strings and hashmaps. I guess I don't have to
write my own serializer/deserializer for these. I tried using the
ColumnarSerDe serializer. It serializes data that are stored in a
struct. Should I use the ColumnarStruct to store the data? If yes, then
how can I store each row from my dataset to this data structure? I don't
see any methods to set the fields.

Should I use a different way to get the BytesRefArrayWritable that I need?

Thank you,
Avrilia