hive-user mailing list archives

From John Sichi <>
Subject Re: Upgrading Hypertable Hive connector
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 18:15:52 GMT
HIVE-1226 (support for pushing filters down into storage handlers) is only in trunk (not 0.6).

Separately:  as a followup to HIVE-1434, it would be good to plan a refactoring across the
handlers for HBase/Hypertable/Cassandra since there is a lot of duplicated code.

On Nov 4, 2010, at 1:30 PM, Sanjit Jhala wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm taking another pass over the Hypertable Hive storage handler and adding a bit more
functionality to it (including regexp filtering). I was also planning to upgrade the Hive
version it uses from something between 0.4 & 0.5 to 0.6. In this regard, my preference
is to upgrade to 0.6 but  I'm wondering if theres any post 0.6 commits that would be particularly
useful as to justify using the bleeding edge instead of the 0.6 release.
> Thanks,
> Sanjit

View raw message