hive-user mailing list archives

From "shangan" <shan...@corp.kaixin001.com>
Subject hive not stable,weird exception
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 04:11:01 GMT
I use hive client through php, it always works quite well, but recently it sometimes throw
a weird exception :

[28-Nov-2010 05:01:04] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'HiveServerException' with message
'Query returned non-zero code: 9, cause: FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.ExecDriver'

in /data0/phphiveapi/packages/hive_service/ThriftHive.php:570

I go through the codes of ThriftHive.php, but I don't know why it throws HiveServerException
?

hadoop seems to work well, as it didn't deal with it as a failed job, but hive can't return
the correct result.

2010-11-29

shangan