hive-user mailing list archives

From Vivek Mishra <>
Subject Hive/HBase integration issue.
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2010 05:56:34 GMT
Currently I am facing an issue with Hive/HBase integration.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.getGROUPS_COMMAND()[Ljava/lang/String;

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.getGROUPS_COMMAND()[Ljava/lang/String;

    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.<init>(

    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.processors.CommandProcessorFactory.get(

    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processCmd(

    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processLine(

    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(

    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(

    at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(

I believe, It is because  of jdk6 backward compatibility. I tried to set -Dsun.lang.ClassLoader.allowArraySyntax=true.
But unfortunately didn't work.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Vivek Mishra

Impetus is a proud sponsor for ASCI Tour 2010 (Agile Software Community of India) on Oct 30
in Noida, India.

Meet Impetus at the Cloud Computing Expo from Nov 1-4 in Santa Clara. Our Sr. Director of
Engineering, Vineet Tyagi will be speaking about 'Using Hadoop for Deriving Intelligence from
Large Data'.

Click to know more. Follow us on

or interference.

View raw message