hive-user mailing list archives

From Namit Jain <nj...@facebook.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Bylaws for Apache Hive Project
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2010 22:03:31 GMT
)))

. All Hive users, contributors, committers are encouraged to vote, though  only PMC votes
will be binding

From: Ashish Thusoo [mailto:athusoo@facebook.com]
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2010 2:51 PM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: [VOTE] Bylaws for Apache Hive Project

Hi Folks,

I propose that we adopt the following bylaws for the Apache Hive Project

https://cwiki.apache.org/HIVE/bylaws.html

These are basically a cut-and-paste job of the Apache Pig bylaws that were recently proposed
by Alan Gates.

We will keep the vote open for 6 business days. In order for these bylaws to pass we require
+1 votes from 2/3 of PMC members. All Pig users, contributors, committers are encouraged to
vote, though  only PMC votes will be binding.

+1 from me..

Ashish