hive-user mailing list archives

From Joydeep Sen Sarma <jssa...@facebook.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Bylaws for Apache Hive Project
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2010 23:16:38 GMT
Under 'Code change', 'Binding votes says

Lazy approval (not counting the vote of the contributor)

But Lazy Approval says it's an action that that is implicitly allowed except for -1. I guess
the Code change rule wants to say one +1 is required - but that's not very clear. Maybe Lazy
Approval wants to say at least 1 +1 required other than contributor/person in question?

________________________________
From: Carl Steinbach [mailto:carl@cloudera.com]
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2010 3:35 PM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Bylaws for Apache Hive Project

"Decisions regarding the project are made by votes on the primary project development mailing
list (user@hive.apache.org<mailto:user@pig.apache.org>). Where necessary, PMC voting
may take place on the private Hive PMC mailing list."

It would be good if the "Actions" table included a column specifying which mailing list each
type of vote should occur on. Also, at the first contributors meeting there was a discussion
about the process for becoming a committer and whether or not people would be notified that
they have been nominated, and hence know if they're nomination was later rejected. If these
votes are going to take place on the PMC list I think it's important for this provision to
appear in the bylaws.

Thanks.

Carl

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 3:11 PM, Ning Zhang <nzhang@facebook.com<mailto:nzhang@facebook.com>>