hive-user mailing list archives

From Vijay <tec...@gmail.com>
Subject Help with last 30 day unique user query
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 06:36:25 GMT
Hi, I need help with this scenario. We have a table of events which has
columns date, event (not important for this discussion), and user_id. It is
obviously easy to find number of unique users for each day. I also need to
find number of unique users in the last 30 days for each day. This is also
quite simple to do for one day. However, I cannot figure out how to do this
for a range of days. Something like this is pretty straightforward in most
RDBMS but with HiveQL has I'm finding this hard. I might be missing
something simple though. Any help is appreciated. Ideally the query should
also be as optimized as possible as this table could be huge.

Thanks,
Vijay