hive-user mailing list archives

From Ashish Thusoo <athu...@facebook.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Bylaws for Apache Hive Project
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2010 01:28:58 GMT
With 10 +1s ad 0 -1s this vote passes.

Thanks,
Ashish

On Oct 26, 2010, at 10:40 AM, Ashish Thusoo wrote:

I have also added the clarification on the approval process for code changes.

So far we have

6 binding +1s  and
4 non-binding +1s

There are no -1s

The vote will be open till tomorrow 3:00 pm, so if you have not got in your vote, please do
so.

Thanks,
Ashish

________________________________
From: Carl Steinbach [carl@cloudera.com]
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2010 8:40 PM
To: user@hive.apache.org<mailto:user@hive.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Bylaws for Apache Hive Project

+1

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 2:55 PM, Alan Gates <gates@yahoo-inc.com<mailto:gates@yahoo-inc.com>>
wrote:

On Oct 25, 2010, at 2:18 PM, Ashish Thusoo wrote:

I have added the mailing lists to the document on Carl and Ed's suggestion. I am not sure
if we should make public on who is in the committer pipeline.

Joy's point is valid - should we explicitly call out lazy approval as one +1. It is expected
that nothing would get committed unless a committer +1s a change and commits it.

Alan, how is pig addressing this?
Pig requires a +1 from a committer (or an additional committer if a committer contributed
the code) in the code change case.  I didn't do the best job of capturing that in the table,
but that has been and continues to be the practice in the our community.

On the votes for committer, I am fairly certain that PMC members are barred from disclosing
that people are being voted on.  I would recommend checking with the Apache board before you
open up this information.

Alan.

Ashish