hive-user mailing list archives

From John Sichi <jsi...@facebook.com>
Subject Re: insert data into a column of complex type
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2010 17:53:27 GMT
There are also undocumented "constructor" functions named map, struct, and array.  These instantiate
complex types directly:

hive> describe function map;
OK
map(key0, value0, key1, value1...) - Creates a map with the given key/value pairs
hive> describe function struct;
OK
struct(col1, col2, col3, ...) - Creates a struct with the given field values
Time taken: 0.072 seconds
hive> describe function array;
OK
array(n0, n1...) - Creates an array with the given elements
Time taken: 0.071 seconds

I'll add them to the wiki.

JVS