hive-user mailing list archives

From Edward Capriolo <>
Subject Re: Potential bug in HWI
Date Sat, 04 Sep 2010 05:00:06 GMT
On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 7:29 PM, Edward Capriolo <> wrote:
> Interesting, as you may know the web interface code is a dupe of the
> cli logic. I know at one point the vector changed from returning
> columns to returning rows, or it could have been an oversight on my
> part. No unit tests return 1000 rows so no code coverage there.
> I was not aware of this this ticket. I will look at it later tonight.
> On Friday, September 3, 2010, Shrijeet Paliwal <> wrote:
>> Hi Hive Users, Not sure if closed jiras are attended or not I am submitting the
comment posicketted here ( to to user list
as well:
>> I think we might have bug in
>> I am referring to this change:
>> Why was this line (343) commented out : res.clear();
>> This is making a query like : " select * from blah limit 1000 "  to
>> return more that 1000 results (because results are not being flushed)
>> -Shrijeet

Thank you for pointing this out. The ResultBucket that stores the most
recent results to view in the interface, shared a the List with the
query results. Now the data for the ResultBucket is correctly copied
to its own List.

Please test out:

View raw message