hive-user mailing list archives

From Shrijeet Paliwal <shrij...@rocketfuel.com>
Subject Re: Which patch to apply out of multiple available ?
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 18:51:23 GMT
Hi Ning,

Thanks for commenting. The error I was getting in task tracker logs was:

2010-09-04 19:37:31,736 WARN org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker:
Error running child
*java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
HIVE_PLAN1030711409 (No such file or directory)*

	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Utilities.getMapRedWork(Utilities.java:124)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.HiveInputFormat.init(HiveInputFormat.java:220)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.HiveInputFormat.initColumnsNeeded(HiveInputFormat.java:290)

	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.HiveInputFormat.getRecordReader(HiveInputFormat.java:208)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runOldMapper(MapTask.java:338)

How ever I am still not sure if this is the same issue as Hive-1019.
The hive.exec.parallel is set to false in my case. I was contemplating if it
is indeed 1019,  how will I go about applying a patch.
I will try to reproduce the problem, if I do - I will update Hive-1019 with
the relevant details.

-Shrijeet