hive-user mailing list archives

From John Sichi <>
Subject Re: Why are so many versions of hadoop tarballs being deployed in build?
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2010 17:28:41 GMT
We build shims against a number of different versions of Hadoop to verify API compatibility.
 We're dropping support for pre-0.20 Hadoop versions soon, so that should reduce the overhead
here considerably.

On Sep 19, 2010, at 11:24 PM, Chaitanya Krishna wrote:

> Hi,
>  I've just started on Hive by following the wiki and trying to set it up. As mentioned
in the wiki, I run "ant package". But when its run, I find that there are several versions
of hadoop tarballs that are being deployed in build/hadoopcore. When I did a bit of search
for the cause of it, I find that this comes because of the ant-target "compile" in shims/build.xml,
that is called as an iteration of target "compile" in parent build.xml.  I wonder if this
behaviour is to be expected or is it a bug?
> Please reply
> Thanks,
> Chaitanya.

View raw message