hive-user mailing list archives

From Bennie Schut <bsc...@ebuddy.com>
Subject RE: java.sql.SQLException: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: Cannot read. Remote side has closed. Tried to read 1 bytes, but only got 0 bytes.
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2010 11:47:51 GMT
Others probably have more insight on this but at least you narrowed it down to the meta store.
I've had some concurrency issues with the metastore myself (HIVE-1539) so perhaps you are
running into something similar? Perhaps there are some different errors before you see this
error/warning like trying to reconnect? I know mysql gave us some problems as a metastore
disconnecting connections after a wait_time expired in the past.

________________________________
From: lei liu [mailto:liulei412@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2010 10:25 AM
To: hive-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: java.sql.SQLException: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: Cannot
read. Remote side has closed. Tried to read 1 bytes, but only got 0 bytes.

Hi [images/cleardot.gif] [images/cleardot.gif] Bennie,
Thank you for your reply

I see there is below exception in hive.log :
10/08/23 14:06:23 INFO Datastore.Retrieve: Object with id "3211[OID]org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.model.MStorageDescriptor"
not found !
10/08/23 14:06:23 ERROR server.TThreadPoolServer: Error occurred during processing of message.
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.thrift.TException: org.apache.thrift.TException: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException:
Unable to fetch user root
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.service.HiveServer$ThriftHiveProcessorFactory.getProcessor(HiveServer.java:397)
        at org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(TThreadPoolServer.java:245)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: org.apache.thrift.TException: org.apache.thrift.TException: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException:
Unable to fetch user root
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.service.HiveServer$HiveServerHandler.<init>(HiveServer.java:109)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.service.HiveServer$ThriftHiveProcessorFactory.getProcessor(HiveServer.java:394)
        ... 4 more
Caused by: org.apache.thrift.TException: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException:
Unable to fetch user root
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.service.HiveServer$HiveServerHandler.verify(HiveServer.java:369)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.service.HiveServer$HiveServerHandler.<init>(HiveServer.java:106)
        ... 5 more
Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: Unable to fetch user root
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.getUser(Hive.java:363)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.service.HiveServer$HiveServerHandler.verify(HiveServer.java:365)
        ... 6 more
Caused by: javax.jdo.JDOObjectNotFoundException: No such database row
FailedObject:3211[OID]org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.model.MStorageDescriptor
        at org.datanucleus.jdo.NucleusJDOHelper.getJDOExceptionForNucleusException(NucleusJDOHelper.java:308)
        at org.datanucleus.jdo.JDOTransaction.commit(JDOTransaction.java:132)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.ObjectStore.commitTransaction(ObjectStore.java:229)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.ObjectStore.getUser(ObjectStore.java:944)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.get_user(HiveMetaStore.java:324)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient.getUser(HiveMetaStoreClient.java:318)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.getUser(Hive.java:352)
        ... 7 more

what is mean the exception?