hive-user mailing list archives

From Chris Nicholas <>
Subject newbie SerDe question
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2010 18:02:49 GMT
greetings -

I'm looking to migrate gobs of ProtocolBuffer logs to Hive, and tweek the Java
servlet that writes these logs to just store directly to SerDe format....It'll
be interesting to see how HDFS write operations perform, and if we can juggle
things partitioned on days so I can just crunch directly on the logs.

While I realize generalized ProtocolBuffer support on a par with Thrift is
non-trivial, this particular thingy is relatively stable, so doing a one-off is
entirely reasonable.

Are there any working examples out there apart from:

View raw message