hive-user mailing list archives

From Prasad Chakka <>
Subject Re: Hive : Tables are not displayed
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2010 11:46:05 GMT
Hive stores all table information in a metastore and by default it is a local metastore that
is stored off your working directory. Check
on how to setup a shared metastore that can be used by multiple users from multiple hosts.

On Jul 28, 2010, at 4:35 AM, vaibhav negi wrote:

> Hi,
> I am using hadoop version 0.20 . I created a table in hive ,then i opened another terminal
and entered "show tables" command, but it showed no tables. then i created another table with
same table name again in later terminal. It allowed creating it. then i closed both terminals
and opened third terminal and enetered show tables command and got error message .
> Also, sometimes on entering "show tables " command hive returned no tables and i need
to reopen the terminal.
> Is it a bug or there needs to make some configuration changes.
> Vaibhav Negi

View raw message