hive-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Rovner" <arov...@contextweb.com>
Subject Re: HIVE: How to Load CSV File?
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2010 12:07:34 GMT
Hadoop fs -du command will show you the size of the files. What do you mean by physical?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 26, 2010, at 6:43 AM, "vaibhav negi" <sssssssenator@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Hadoop -dfs command show logical path /user/hive/warehouse. How can i see where this
directory exists physically ?

> Vaibhav Negi
>

> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 2:45 PM, Amogh Vasekar <amogh@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> The default HWI (hive web interface) provides some basic metadata, but don’t think
file sizes are included. In any case, you can query using the common hadoop dfs commands.
The default warehouse directory is as set in your hive conf xml.

> Amogh
>

> On 7/26/10 2:30 PM, "vaibhav negi" <sssssssenator@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Thanks amogh.
> How can i browse actual physical location  of hive tables juts like i see mysql tables
in mysql directory. I want to check actual disk space consumed by hive tables.