hive-user mailing list archives

From "Pradeep Kamath" <prade...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Thrift metastore server and dfs file owner
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2010 21:04:51 GMT
Hi,

   I suspect this is true but wanted to confirm: If I start a thrift
metastore service as user "joe" then all internal tables created will
have directories under the warehouse directory owned by "joe" regardless
of the actual user running the create table statement - is this correct?
There is no way for the thrift server to create the directory as the
actual user? However if thrift service is not used and the hive client
directly works against the metastore database, then the directories are
created by the actual user - is this correct?

Thanks,

Pradeep