hive-user mailing list archives

From "Viraj Bhat" <vi...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Simple UDTF not working!! NPE in UDTFDesc.getUDTFName
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2010 07:57:44 GMT
Hi all,

 I have taken the generic udtf method in the contrib. examples directory
and modified it and added it as a jar in my classpath.

hive> add jar /homes/viraj/hiveudfs.jar;

hive> create temporary function GenIndex as 'hiveudfs.GenIndex';

OK

Time taken: 1.664 seconds

hive> explain SELECT pageid, adid, index FROM  samplelist LATERAL VIEW
GenIndex(adinfo) adTable AS adid, index;

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: hiveudfs.GenIndex

Continuing ...

java.lang.NullPointerException: target should not be null

Continuing ...

Failed with exception null

org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.ExplainTask

I looked at the stack trace in the hive.log

        at
Impl.java:25)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.plan.UDTFDesc.getUDTFName(UDTFDesc.java:54)

        ... 26 more

So what should the name of this UDTF be?

Thanks Viraj